NCEA and Scholarship exams are the coming together of years of work for your child. It can also be a stressful time – for everyone.
The most important thing over the NCEA years is to keep talking to your child and encouraging them:
- ask them how their study is going
- check they are keeping to their internal study deadlines and requirements
- keep a check on their stress levels
- talk to them after each exam about how it went
- ask them if there is anything you can do at home to help them.
Here are some more tips to get through this time:
- make sure your child has a place at home to study
- balance study and free time – their study won’t be as effective if they don’t have breaks
- make sure they are taking care of themselves – eating healthily and getting enough sleep
- check that they are well prepared – they know when and where their exams are, what they need to take, and have transport plans
- talk to your child’s teachers if you have any questions or worries
- celebrate their successes.