“Quality Education that Develops the Personal Excellence of Every Student”
“He mātauranga kōunga e whanake ana i te kairangi whaiaro o ia tauira”
At James Cook High School we value:
- excellence in personal performance
- high-quality teaching and learning
- continuous improvement, progress and innovation
- high standards of behaviour
- honesty and integrity
- the richness of our different cultures
- tolerance and respect for others
- the unique contribution each individual makes to the school
At James Cook High School we strive to:
- motivate students to be active and successful learners
- emphasise high-quality teaching practices
- show initiative in meeting the learning needs of our students
- develop the skills and experiences that will enable life-long learning
- develop pride in individual and group achievement
- have quality systems of management and accountability
- encourage participation in a wide range of co-curricular activities
- maintain a safe and supportive environment
- strengthen the partnership between family and school
- gain total commitment to the vision and values of James Cook High School
At James Cook, we value:
Whaia te iti Kahurangi:
Endeavour means “to try to do ones best with a reasonable amount of effort and have something to strive for”. Identifying individual student’s talents and abilities – encouraging students to persevere and take advantage of opportunities offered by the school is something our teachers work towards every day.
Care requires our staff and students to demonstrate mutual tolerance, honesty, integrity and respect to others. At James Cook High School we proactively work at creating and encouraging meaningful, caring relationships within a structure that supports personal growth.
Confidence comes from knowing what you can offer others, the value you provide and acting in a way that conveys this to others. At James Cook High school we encourage positive dialogue and learning opportunities that support the growth of student’s confidence and personal wellbeing.
Change is a constant in our world and the ability to learn new skills and acquire new knowledge is vital for success at any age or occupation. At James Cook we set up our students to adopt an ‘always learning’ approach to their learning endeavours.